Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default adding names to a recipient file

And if you are using Word 2007 select Edit Recipient List then select the
list in the lower window of the dialog box which makes the edit tools
available. In Word 2003 you should be able to edit the data source from the
mailmerge toolbar.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Assuming that you are using Word XP or 2003, from the View menu,
select Toolbars and place a checkbox against the Mail Merge item. Then you
can customize that toolbar (ToolsCustomize) by selecting
the All Commands Category and locating the Mail Merge Helper item and
click and drag it onto the toolbar. Using the Mail Merge Helper, you
should be able to edit the data source.

Another way is to use a Directory type mail merge main document to
which you attach the data source and in the main document, insert a
one row table with as many columns as you have fields in your data
source and into the cells of that table, insert the merge fields. When you
execute that merge to a new document, that document will
contain a table with a row of data for each record in the data
source. You can then insert a row at the top of the table and into
that row insert the names of the fields in your original data source.
You can then edit the data in that table or add or delete rows and
save it and use it as a data source.

"Dr. Dave" wrote in message
using the wizard, once I've entered all my contacts and gone on to
the next step, how do I edit existing names or add more names to the
contact mailing list. It only lets me sort or filter, etc. Thanks.