Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Heading 4 Style - Word 2007

Hi Tim

For time immemorial, every Word document comes with 9 heading styles
built-in: Heading 1 to Heading 9. However, for several versions, Word has
hidden them.

In Word 2007, on the Home tab, in the Styles chunk, in the bottom right hand
corner click the little south-east facing arrow. That opens the Styles pane.
Down the bottom of the pane, click Options and on the Style Pane Options
dialog, in the Select styles to show box, choose "All styles".

If that shows you too many styles, then back on the Styles pane, click the
last of the 3 coloured buttons (the tooltip is "Manage styles") and play
with the Edit and Recommend tabs.

I don't want to create a pretend Heading 4 style.

Very wise. For 15 reasons not to create a pretend Heading 4 style, see
Why use Microsoft Word's built-in heading styles?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Tim Pate" wrote in message
I want to add a 4th Level Heading style in my document. Looking at the
listed
styles in the ribbon, the levels only go up to heading 3. I went to all
styles by clicking the button, and it too only shows styles up to Heading
3.

Therefore, I tried to create a Heading 4 style. I received an error
message
telling me that the style already exists, probably as a built in style.

So, can anyone tell me how I get to the style?
I don't want to create a pretend Heading 4 style.

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Pate