Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Vi1nZXI=?=,

Where can I find (on Internet) the most comprehensive data on pasting in Word
2003 (XP)? I have a client whose Word 2K3 is no longer working properly.
When they paste - even from identical formatting - from one document to
another, when pasted into the destination doc, the formatting changes with
to font, font size, etc. Even when there is no formatting of that sort
in either doc - hidden or apparent

Right off-hand, I'd say the problem here is style over-ride: the data in both
documents has been formatted with styles of the same name, but different style
definitions. In this case, the style in the target document overrides the
formatting coming in from the source document.

If that doesn't describe what's happening, it would help if you give us a couple
of examples about how things are changing.

Also, try going over Edit/Paste Special. Look at what the default format
selection is. And test what kinds of results the other formats give.

Something else you can use to investigate the source of the formatting is the
"Reveal Formatting" taskpane. That might give you some clues.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)