Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Section Title in Page Header

The Styleref field can be used for this purpose IF you used a style for the
section title.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Chip Anderson" wrote in message
I have written a Word 2003 technical document where each chapter is in a
section of its own. At the beginning of each section is a title (like
"Static
IP Addresses"). The section title is marked as a table of contents entry,
and
I change the page header in each section to match its title. Is there a
way
to automate this process? For example, can I set a title property for each
section and then use a section title field in the header?

Thanks.