Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Opening 2007 word files on a computer using microsoft 2000

Terry Farrell wrote:
So do you think the same of car manufacturers when the bring out a new
model with all different parts and then after 5 years they stop making
spare parts? Should they - for example - give a firmware upgrade to the
all the in car players so that they are able to play MP3 format? Should
Sony give me a firmware upgrade for my old analogue TV set to enable it
to work with Digital TV because analogue TV has been switched off? I
think not. Very few companies continue to make/support something that
they ceased producing almost 10 years ago.

Those are all non-comparable analogies - and yes I run a 40 year-old car
for which spares are still readily available.....