Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
E. Horton E. Horton is offline

Default How do I make pages numbered as A-1, A-2, etc...

I have a multi-chapter project, where each chapter has been created as a
single word document.

I need to label the pages as A-1, A-2, etc. B-1, B-2, etc. for each chapter
without messing with the chapter headings or otherwise affecting the layout.

I've tried to do this manually, but the page number I type is repeated for
all pages (so every page would be A-1) even though the "Link to Previous"
button in the header/footer toolbar is untoggled.

Any help would be appreciated, I've got a deadline coming up fast!