Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Clear Form Fields

Thanks for your reply Graham. Ive looked at your coding for Add a Row to a
Table in a Protected Form and I am still at a loss as to how to clear the
pasted formfields. The coding that I currently have, copies all the
information including the formfields, now I just need to clear the
formfields. My columns are not the same width and the last row is a merge of
all 4 columns. Ive been pulling things out of your code to see if I can get
the formfields to clear, but unfortunately I dont know enough to be
successful.

Thanks for your help.

--
Jamie

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See the examples - Add a row to a table in a protected form and Repeat a
block of formatted text and form fields based upon the content of another
form field at http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm

Jamie wrote:
I am working in Word 2003.

I have a table made up of 3 rows, the first two rows have 4 columns,
the last is one column. The table looks like this:

Row 1: Date: FormField Client Name: FormField
Row 2: Referred To: FormField Follow-Up Date:FormField
Row 3: Comments:
FormField

This is a template and when the user tabs out of the Comments
FormField I have an On Exit macro that copies the table including the
FormFields. I can't come up with coding to clear the FormFields in
the new rows. My coding for copying and pasting the table is as
follows:

CopyTable Macro

ActiveDocument.Unprotect

Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=3
Selection.MoveDown Unit:=wdLine, Count:=2, Extend:=wdExtend
Selection.Copy
Selection.MoveDown Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1
Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdTableOriginalFormatting)
Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=4

ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True

End Sub

Again this works as far as copying the table but I need the newly
pasted FormFields to be blank instead of having duplicate info from
above. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.