Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAW

Default Is there any way to import data into an existing template?

We have a template that is slightly modified each year and then sent out to
several individuals to update/ confirm. The data from the template is
maintained in access (we export the data into a txt file and then inport it
into access). Is there any way for us to import the prior year data into a
modified template and then send it out for the updates/ confirmation. If I
try to do this in a word merge, the template loses it template form (and then
I cannot save the data as a txt file). If I protect the document, I can't
perform the word merge. It seems as if a few years ago, I was able to export
the data from access into a template, but still keep the template form. Last
year, I had to individually update each user's template with the new/ updated
questions and then send those out for review (for about 30 users)

any ideas that would make this process easier?