Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Footnotes function in Word2003 not working what do I do?

It might be corruption....you can try the tricks here ON A COPY of the
documents.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

First, however, if you are Tracking Changes, that causes footnotes to do odd
things. Are you?

And I assume someone hasn't used hidden text on all the problematic
footnotes (in which case the text would have little dots under it when you
can see it).

On 8/29/06 9:17 AM, "Opsimath" wrote:

A different problem with footnotes. In a longish Word (Word/Office 2003)
document with several footnotes and cross references the first few footnotes
appear in Print Layout and will print, all the others seem hidden. They show
on mouseover and in Normal view. They appear if you change from footnotes to
endnotes but are lost again if you go back to footnotes. If you try to add a
footnote on the pages with the hidden footnotes it adds the number but
doesn't give you anywhere to write at the bottom of the page. What has
happened? There are tables in the document, but some footnotes that work are
in them; some that don't aren't. Any help would be appreciated

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/