Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
g0nzo g0nzo is offline

Default How to put caption on the side of the equation?

Thank you.

However, I still got a small problem. I created an empty table with 2 cells
and line-spacing 1.0 and saved it as a quick-part, so now I can insert it
using Insert-Table-Quick Tables. However I get no spacing between the table
and the following paragraph. I need to manually "Add space before paragraph"
and most of the time it looks ok, but sometimes the space added before the
paragraph is very small and the table almost touches it. Is there a way to
create and save this table in such a way, that it will have proper (equal)
spacing before and after? If the equation is not inside the table, the
spacing is correct, so I assume that it can be somehow done.

Is it possible to create a macro (I've never used them before in any Office
application), so I could just select an equation and it would automatically
insert it into a table, create a caption for it and put this caption in a
separate cell?

Thank you in advance.

€˛Daiya Mitchell€¯ pisze:

The usual answer is to use a Table, with one row and two cells, and no
border. Not columns, which are different, and require section breaks, better
avoided for such a use. You can give the cells different alignment settings
easily enough--just select the text and set as desired.

I doubt any new features will be added to Word 2007 at this late date.

One method to get (1) instead of 1--not sure this is the best as I have
little experience with figures.

Use Insert | Caption. Hit alt-F9 to see the field code for what you just
did. It should be something like
Figure { SEQ Figure \* Arabic }

Manually type parens outside the curly braces--that's the field that
generates the numbers. Alt-F9 again to see the result, make sure you are
happy with it.

Copy and paste that edited field for future captions, or save it as a
formatted autocorrect or autotext.

I quick-tested a Table of Figures--the parens also show up there, but it
seems all fine.

On 10/25/06 2:35 AM, "g0nzo" wrote:

I'm using Word 2007 BTR2 and unfortunately there's still no option to create
a caption next to the equation. Will this option be available in the final
version of Word 2007?

I've found few other questions about it and one of the answers was to use 2
columns - first for the equation, second for the caption.

How can I i.e. create a caption like this "(1)" instead of just "1"? How can
I vertically align caption in the second column to the center of the column?

Thanks in advance

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/