Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to put caption on the side of the equation?

A table is helpful because if you put the equation and caption in the same
paragraph, then, by default, any cross-reference to the equation caption
quotes the entire equation as well (though this can be worked around as
well).

"Dahu l''''''''Arthropode" wrote
in message ...

"g0nzo" wrote:

However I get no spacing between the table
and the following paragraph. I need to manually "Add space before

paragraph"

* I suppose you could do without a table. The caption is just ordinary

text,
that could be before or after the equation object. You could use
left/right/center (as needed) tabs for homegeneous placement and

alignment.
Make the position of tabs part of a style definition.

* If you really need the table for some reason (e.g. vertical alignment),

suppose you do not want the boudaries of the table to be visible. Then,

why
not set a margin (Table Properties/Call/Options)? The only problem is that
you get some uncessary spacing when the table is at the top of the page.

Dahu