Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Default align text center and right on the same line

oops 1 error
CTRL Shift Spacebar(= 1 hard space)[1 spacebar space]The[CTRL
Shift Spacebar]Report[1 spacebar space]docsliveonline (press CTRL J and
shift
enter).

"Summer" wrote in message
As to your other problem - here is a fix I think a table would be better
with bodytext and put in autotext - this line is on its own that is why
you would use a table really not do as below because anyone else editing
would be very annoyed at trick formatting:

CTRL Shift Spacebar(= 1 hard space)[1 spacebar space]The[CTRL
spacebar]Report[1 spacebar space]docsliveonline (press CTRL J and shift
enter).

It is better to use a table and QuickParts or Autocorrect there are many
options and if you describe what the format is for in a short example the
suggestions can be a little more accurate.

Glad you are enjoy Word.

"Legallisa" wrote in message

I need help with this too. In fact I'd love a macro or to assign a
keyboard
key because I use this so much (In Word Perfect it was F4 and so much
quicker
than setting tab stops etc.)

I don't have a clue what you're talking about below! I'm switching to
Word
07 after 25 years of WP. I have to say I am liking what I learn, but
still
have to go back to WP to do a couple of things (one is typesetting:
advancing
a line to a particular place, e.g., 3" from the left margin; but that is
another problem).

I read the FAQ but don't understand. Can you give simple a step-by-step?

Thx.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Annette Frank wrote:
I need to be able to center align part of the text in the body of the
text and then on the same line right justify another portion of the
text. It is not a header or footer (but looks like what you can do
in a header and footer) but in the text body - so how do I do this?
In Word Perfec this is called a 'hard center on margin' and 'hard
flush right' which you can do on one line of text.

Word works completely differently from WordPerfect for this (and many
other
features). In Word, you need to place a center-aligned tabstop at the
midpoint and a right-aligned tabstop at the right margin, and then
separate
the items with tab characters. The Header and Footer styles already
include
the proper tabstops, and you can add them to any other style (this is
easier
to re-use than manually inserting the tabstops into particular
paragraphs).
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm for more info.

--
Regards,