CyberTaz

Now I have a better idea what you're dealing with.

The Thumbnail View is _not_ document specific, so if you turn it off, it
should stay off regardless of what file you open. You should only have to
make sure it is off when you Exit from Word and it shouldn't be active when
you relaunch.

If it isn't working that way, the first remedy I'd try is to have a document
open with the Thumbnails off, then go to ToolsCustomize--Toolbars, click on
the name Menu Bar, then click the Reset Button & confirm YES to update.

HTH |:)

"urbanista" wrote:

To clarify - I need some way to turn off the **default** to open thumbnails.
I have to look at different views of my documents occasionally (and re-open
them) and I want the default setting to be thumbnails=off. Right now the
thumbnails turn back on every time I change views, even though I can turn
them off temporarily using the method suggested below.

thanks!
U.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hello-

Go to the View Menu & select Thumbnails to turn the pane off.

HTH |:)

"urbanista" wrote:

Ever since I made my last upgrade, a thumbnail view of all the pages appears
to the left of my page in Word whenever I open a file or change the view
(from print preview to page view, from page view to normal view). This is
driving me CRAZY because I have some really large graphics that take about 25
seconds to redraw in the thumbnails every time I switch! I can turn off the
thumbnails temporarily once I'm in a view (and have waited my 25 seconds) but
I want them off, off, off, all the time, automatically when I open files and
automatically off when I change my view. Please help!