Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Unpleasant Acrobat 6 Pro Buttons in MSWord 2003

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"Sarah Reynolds" wrote in message
Hello, I had the exactly the same problem Lily had, but I only have

Acrobat
6. Can anyone help me?????

"JedIJr" wrote:

I had the problem with Acrobat 6 Pro that the header of every one of my
MSWord 2003 documents would be disorganized by a toolbar offering the

Acrobat
functions. The toolbar duplicated what was offered in the drop-down

menu,
and it made the Word screen smaller. And generally it upset me by

bollixing
up format.

I went to a site called Betalogue and found that smarter people than I

were
also vexed at this problem. In any case, those folks told me to go to

the
"MicroSoft Office" folder among the Program files and, inside that, find

folder for "Office" (which in my machine is the "Office11" folder), and
further inside that find a "Start-up" folder. Inside the "Start-up"

folder
there's a file called "PDFMaker.dot" that governs what toolbars are
available on the top MSWord documents when you open them. I found that

by
creating a folder named "PDFMaker.dot" in the "Start-up" folder and by
putting the "PDFMaker.dot" file in the folder of the same name, then I

could
get rid of the unpleasant Acrobat6 toolbars in my Word documents.

Put file "PDFMaker.dot" back in "Start-up" folder, and the Acrobat

functions
become visible again at the top of every newly opened Word document.

Hope this is in some way relevant to your problem
--
A managing editor who needs all the technical help he can get.

"lily" wrote:

Hi!

I have a problem with customizing toolbars: I can customize it

normally
(adding or taking away the buttons), all works fine, but then when I

close
the Word (2003) and open it again, it is as no customization was done

(it
doesn't remember it)! How can I fix it?

oh, in other office programs, like excel or outlook, it remembers the
customization of the toolbars

Thank you for your help!

Lily