bhsmaths

Hi Neil,
With the library card routine I use, I wrote a very simple VB code that
rewrote the data file (from a csv file) so that my field for barcode was
delimited by asterixs. I also at the same time created a field where
photographs were accessed by their barcode name.jpg. I then loaded into
excel and resaved as a xls file.
Al S at BHS maths
"fig000" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I've been looking at a number of the postings for putting a barcode
into a mailmerge document. Unlike many of the examples this is not a
ZIP Code, but just a number.

I've tried a number of things, including creating the barcode in an
envelope mailmerge and moving it (I couldn't get it work in the evelope
mailmerge :-)).

The most promising thing I've found is that if I type a static number
with asterisks (like this *1234*) I get a bar code that prints. I'm
doing this by creating merge field, putting in the *1234* and setting
the font to the IDAutomation.com Code39 that I installed on my machine.
This gives me a nice bar code printed in the merge document.

What I need to do is do the same with a field from my data source.
I've tried putting asterisks around the merge field (e.g. *merge
field* in the edit field dialog) etc. I've tried putting the \b
switch after the field. I will admit I'm confused. I'm haven't done a
mail merge in 10 years and I'm not sure of the issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Neil