Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tammy tammy is offline

Default Word 2007 - mail merge filter not displaying unique choices

Hi - I am trying to do an email mail merge through Word 2007. My data source
is an Excel file.

I'd like to filter the list of recipients so that only a specific group
receives the email - pretty easy stuff. The problem is that, in the Mail
Merge Recipients dialog box, when I click the column heading down arrow to
choose what I'd like to filter, there are no choices. I can see the usual
choices of: All, Blanks, Nonblanks, and Advanced - just not the values from
the column in the Excel file. The column does contain different data (for
example - the states of NY, NH, CT, etc), just not sure why I can't see them
in the list to filter. I hope I have explained that well enough - any
suggestions on why Word would not display the choices? Thanks so much!