Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Merginging into Word 2003 from Access/SQL

You can certainly use the method you used in Word 2000 including the use of
the mail merge helper if you want, and you don't have to use the merge
wizard. The only thing that has really changed is the default method of
connection to the data, and even that isn't insurmountable.

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

RSMITH wrote:
lright I know things were always better in the past but in this case
Mailmerge in Word 2000 worked brilliantly and simply. The same
cannot be said for 2003. It would appear that you cannot turn the
wizard off and use the same method that 200 did so well. Does anyone
know why when I link a table from SQL into Access 2000 and then
attempt to merge into a W2003 document all the tables are transposed
(postcode field shows data from the address field, etc.) Better
still, does anyone know if the Mailmerge wizard can be turned off?