Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Default Top posting in MS Newsgroups

Paul,

If you use the Microsoft Office Communities interface
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US)
rather that Google Reader, it should resolve the problem with the location
of your signature. And if you use Windows Live Mail (which is the
replacement for Outlook Express), then you can flag threads to watch - and
threads that you start are flagged automatically.

Setting up the newsreader functionality isn't difficult Windows Live Mail. I
think the help might give the necessary details, but it's probably not
necessary. I don't know if WLM will insert your signature automatically
though. It probably will, but I can't be bothered trying to find out how; I
just have a little text file that I copy and paste from instead. The only
downside for me is that WLM doesn't insert the little MVP logo next to my
posts the way the web interface does. Heartbreaking, aye? ;-P
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Uninvited email contact will be marked as SPAM and ignored. Please post all
follow-ups to the newsgroup.

"Paul" wrote in message
I use Google Reader. Not sure how to use RSS to get updates for my
threads.
I'm really not interested in seeing General Questions forum updated...just
thread that I start. I did copy/paste the thread URL into Google
Reader's
Add a Feed option but it didn't see anything.... said something like no
URL
was found....
--
Paul

MS Office 2007
XP Home SP3
Dell Inspiron 1501

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Dump the horrible web interface and use a newsreader or something like
Outlook Express/Windows Mail.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171190

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Paul" wrote in message
This is the only newsgroup I participate in, where the signature and
the
cursor in the reply are placed on top of the post you are replying to.
am
accessing this via the MS website. I find it a bit cumbersome to have
cut
my sig, then paste it below the text I am replying to. Is there another
way
to access these newsgroups, or at least, another way to get my sig
below
the
material I'm posting to?
--