Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dan George Dan George is offline

Default { PAGE } field within an { IF... } statement does not update during amail merge.

I did some more testing. If I move the code out of the footer, the page number updates in the merged document.

Dan George wrote:

{ PAGE } field within an { IF... } statement does not update during a mail merge.
06-Nov-09

This has worked fine in Word 2000. We are upgrading to Office 2007, and this is one quirk we discovered. The document before the mail merge shows the correct page numbers, but sending to a new document resets all the pages to "1" if the page field is within an IF statement.

System.Xml.XmlSerializer Overview
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...erializer.aspx