Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I remove a symbol on every line of my document?

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:06:01 -0700, summer
wrote:

I can't copy and paste the symbol. It is on everyline. It looks something
like this II

If it looks like ¶ then it's a paragraph mark. Look at the toolbar (or
the Home ribbon if this is Word 2007) and click the button with the
same symbol on it. Or use the shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+8 (press all three
keys at the same time).

And if it's on every line, you're pressing the Enter key at the end of
every line. Don't do that! Press Enter only at the end of a paragraph.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman