Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hermes Hermes is offline

Default Setting default zoom level in Word

Finally I used Windows Explorer to find the templates folder, used right
click to open the Normal.dot file, modified the zoom option on the View menu.
I had to type and delete characters other than blanks and delete them to get
the undo button not greyed out. However the "save" option on the File menu
was not there, Cntrl+S would not work. I closed out of Word and restarted
Word and the zoom level was what I had changed it to. Thanks for your help.
--
Hermes

"Hermes" wrote:

When I start Microsoft Word, or open a new page (Control+N), the zoom level
is 200%. How do I set the default level, to say 100%, on Word startup and
when opening a new page?
--
Hermes