Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Opening PDFs in Word 2007

Probably because Word is set as your default program to open PDFs. Try right
clicking on any PDF and select "Open with...". There select "Acrobat Reader"
from the list. Make sure you also select "Always use the selected program to
open this kind of file".

Yves

"Sharon" wrote in message
Thanks, I do have Adobe Reader 9. When I open a PDF from my work computer
it
opens right up in Word. Why would that be?

"Yves Dhondt" wrote:

Word cannot open PDF files for viewing or editing. Saving to PDF is all
the
PDF functionality it contains.

You will need other software (such as Acrobat) to view/edit PDF files.

Yves

"Sharon" wrote in message
Help! I just installed Office Pro Plus 2007 and cannot open a PDF
file.
downloaded the PDF plug-in. I can save as a pdf, but it doesn't open
it.
get a File Conversion box. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.