Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default What is the file Win386.swp?

Well, there's no such thing as a "1k Word file." Minimum size for an *empty*
Word document these days is at least 19KB.

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote in message
It does when it's size is stopping a 1k Word file from saving.. :-)

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You can also reduce its size - Windows is over-generous when it comes to
creating default swap file sizes, but this topic has nothing to do with
Word!

.

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User wrote:
You can delete it, but it will return almost instantly.. get a larger
hard drive.. read this for an understanding of what it is, why it
exists, and how to live with it..

http://www.glencoe.com/norton/online...e.phtml?id=147

"SPI 2" SPI wrote in message
Not sure where this should be posted. I am running short on space
on my hard
drive and was looking for somethings I could delete when I noticed
under C:\
a file called Win386.swp which is taking over a Gig of space. I
tried to open the file and to delete it, but it won't let me. Is it
something I can
get rid of without causing problems? If so how do I do it? I'm
using MS Works Suite 2000 which was installed on the computer when I
purchased it in
2000. I note that the date on the file in question is April 2004.