Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alex St-Pierre Alex St-Pierre is offline

Default Link excel table inside a condition

Hi Peter,
I'm wondering if there's a way to make a merge with a macro and update the
link before each record?
Thanks!
Alex
--
Alex St-Pierre

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Your best bet is probably to have a blank 1-pixel graphic (let's say it is
in sheet "blank" and do something like

{ IF A = B "No Graphic" "Graphic below
" }{ LINK Excel.Sheet8 "\\\\pathpath\\file.xls" "{ MERGEFIELD sheet }" \a
\p }

if the sheet column contains "blank" when you want the blank graphic, or

{ IF A = B "{ SET mysheet "blank" }No Graphic" "{ SET mysheet "{ MERGEFIELD
sheet }" }Graphic below
" }{ LINK Excel.Sheet8 "\\\\pathpath\\file.xls" "{ MERGEFIELD sheet }" \a
\p }

if the sheet column doesn't contain anything you can rely on.

I don't know if that will work but it is what I would try.

Peter Jamieson

"Alex St-Pierre" wrote in message
Hi !
I use a mailmerge to produce 1, 2, or 3 graphics for each line of record.
have an excel file that contains 1 graphic per sheet. The name of the
sheet
is store inside {MERGEFIELD1}. After the merge, the path of each graphic
must
stay variable to be able to update the document for each graphic (ctrl-A +
F9).
When I do this, all link stay in text after after the merge (work fine)
{ LINK Excel.Sheet8 "\\\\pathpath\\file.xls" "{ MERGEFIELD1 }" \a \p }
When I put the same thing inside a condition, the link MERGEFIELD1
disapear
inside the merged file.
{ IF A=B "No Graphic" "Graphic below:
{ LINK Excel.Sheet8 "\\\\pathpath\\file.xls" "{ MERGEFIELD1 }" \a \p } "}
So, I only see the table result. Since there is no link, all tables are
identical for each record (cannot update it) Is the a way to stay the link
variable when the table link is used inside a condition ?
Thanks!
Alex
--
Alex St-Pierre