Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vanessa L Crawford[_2_] Vanessa L Crawford[_2_] is offline

Default File lock on a template

I think I am having the same problem. Documents that are based on templates
that are saved on the server open with the error '***.dotx is locked for
editing by another user'. I have experimented and the error does not occur if
the template is saved on my C drive. Can anyone help? Thank you very much.

"Amy" wrote:

We are having issues where a .dotx on the network is getting locked when a
file based on the template is opened. Does anyone know how to fix this?