TF

William

Open the Printer Setup in Start, Printers and faxes, right-click on the
printer icon and choose Properties. Set the default to A3 in the preference
there.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"William Chen" wrote in message
: thanks Graham,
:
: yeah, I need A3. it usually automatically changed by following the printer
: setting in old version, no? (I always do that if I want to chang the
default
: setting)
: I need A3 because I am using MathCad12 software. It requires MathCad12
page
: format to match Office word default page setting then I can save MathCad
file
: to *.rtf file. after that it can be opened in office word. if it is not
: matching then it won't keep the original lay out in MathCad sheet.
somehow, I
: need A3 format.
:
: how can I change deault setting then? because my office excel programme
did
: follow my printer default page setting.
:
: "Graham Mayor" wrote:
:
: You don't really want to set the page default at A3 (you did mean A3 and
not
: A4?) as it will have unwanted effects elsewhere. Create a blank template
: with the page layout set to A3 and use that for your A3 documents.
:
: A4 is a different issue.
:
: --
:
: Graham Mayor - Word MVP
:
: My web site www.gmayor.com
: Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
:
:
:
:
: William Chen wrote:
: as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be
: automatically changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003
: version, everytime I change the page size. next time I open it , it
: still went back to bloody letter size. it is very ignoring.
: any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default
: page set up.....
:
:
: