JPCT

Default merge data in a header or text box does not save

Are there special steps I should follow to use merge fields in a header or
text box within a template?

I have a mail merge field within and header and also within a text box. I
merge the data and all fields merge correctly. I then restore to a normal
word document, save and close and it appears to save with all the merged
data. However, when I recall that document, the data that was merged into
the header and text box has not been saved and I only see a representation of
the former merge field.

Any comments, suggestions will be appreciated.