Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word, there has appeared a dash below the curser, how to delet

You've never worked in Normal view? Note that the "dash" I'm talking about
is a short, heavy black line at the bottom left margin of the document. It
will not move with the insertion point. If you have something that moves
with the insertion point, then it's something else. It is especially handy
for people who don't display nonprinting characters because it indicates
where the end of the document is. If you've got dozens of empty paragraphs
below your last line of text (which will ultimately result in an extra,
blank page being "printed"), you'll see a lot of space between your text and
the end-of-document marker. Or if you have added Spacing Below to your
paragraph, you'll see that space between the paragraph mark (or insertion
point) and the EOD marker.

"karencoombs" wrote in message
I have had Word for years. How come I have never seen it before.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Switch from Normal to Print Layout view. What you're seeing is the
end-of-document marker. It is always displayed in Normal view; there is

no
way to get rid of it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"karencoombs" wrote in message
In Word 2003, there has appeared a dash mark below the curser. I

cannot
get
below it to delete it. How do I get rid of it?