Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Selecting sentence/paragraph with keyboard

An additional comment:
It may take a little time getting used to F8 because it brings you into
extended selection mode. You need to press ESC to return to normal selection
mode (the current selection remains even if you press ESC). Note that you can
use Shift+F8 to reduce the selection, e.g. from paragraph to sentence to word.

Alternatively, you could use these macros and assign keyboard shortcuts to
them:

Public Sub SelectCurrentSentence()
'Selects the current sentence
Selection.Expand Unit:=wdSentence
End Sub

Public Sub SelectCurrentParagraph()
'selects current paragraph
Selection.Expand Unit:=wdParagraph
End Sub

If you need help on assigning shortcuts, see:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm

If you need help on installing macros, see;

Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com

"Luc" wrote:

Don,
For the selection part, you could use F8, press three times for a sentence
four times for a paragraph.
For the second part, maybe use an AutoCorrect item. Type [space][en
dash][space select it, go to Tools- AutoCorrectoptions, type a unique
character in the replace box, paste your selection in the replace with box.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

And how can I create a single keystroke that inserts these three
keystrokes
-- [space][en dash][space]?

Thank you.

Don