Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default checkboxes in word "forms" or docs

stef wrote:
Word 2002 SP3
Win XP HE SP1

Hi,

I would like to know how to insert a "checkbox" into a document so
that the reader can just "check" the box or "tick" it whether he
prints it and faxes it back or does it by opening up the Word doc and
checking the box there--filling out a form--and email it back.

I've seen the control tool box but it seems to want an underlying
macro for the box, etc.; it adds VBA to the doc. I'm not sure that's
what I want. The user might get a security warning when opening the
doc, etc.; and if dealing with unsophisticated recipients, they might
think virus threat, etc.

Plus these boxes seem difficult to handle and align on same line as
text, etc.

Even if I just use a basic "square" box; I can design it but that also
is difficult to handle and align with the text, etc.

Maybe I need a good tutorial....?

Use the Web Tools toolbar to place the checkbox with. You don't have to
protect the document, but you DO have to exit design mode, which you'll find
yourself in.

Do not make a form; just add the checkbox where you want it. Clicking will
toggle the check on/off.

Pop`
Word 2002