Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] luke@bytestories.com is offline

Default How to extract email addresses from a word document

This is the definitive tip that works with all types of email addresses... i.e. Those with .'s or -'s... in the addresses. Thanks clever stranger!

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 4:26:11 AM UTC+10, wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 October 2013 11:10:43 UTC+5:30, RodneyB wrote:
I have been looking at away to extract email addresses from a word
documents. I came across a thread in this forum answered by Graham
Mayor
where comprehensive instructions are given to do this.

1. Use Ctrl+C to copy the search term below:

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}

2. Use Ctrl+V to paste it into the "Find what" box in the Find dialog.

3. Click More to display the rest of the dialog; check the boxes for
"Use
wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

4. Find All.

5. Click on the title bar of the document to return the focus to the
document.

6. Press Ctrl+C to copy all the highlighted email addresses.

7. Open a new document and Paste.

I use word 2010 and the instructions work perfectly, the email addresses
are highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the email addresses copying them
and pasting them into a separate document. Can some one assist me from
that point.

I think from point 5. above is where I have a challenge.

Many thanks

Rodney

--
RodneyB

Hi Rodney,

You may check the link below to slove your problem. I think it will 100% work.

https://www.fromsovan.com/2018/07/ho...-document.html