Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default ouline level 1 numbering doesn't display

Why do you want the number repeated? That's just weird!

"Menl" wrote in message
Hi,

I've having trouble of creating a heading list where I want the following
format

1 Chapter 1
1.1 subChapter
2 Chapter 2
2.1 subChapter

It work's almost perfectly, only the Chapter 1 is displayed without the
numbering. So like:

Chapter 1
1.1 subChapter
Chapter 2
2.1 subChapter

I've created it from a new document, no luck. In the styles and

formatting
view the heading 1 style is displayed correctly as "1 Heading 1", so you
would expect the numbering to be applied.

On other computers it works well, using the same method, so probably I've
screwed up someting somewhere. How to fix this.