Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mkraft mkraft is offline

Default How tell whether footnote reference is a reference v. cross-re

I don't know what to say. I see the dotted box both in the text and in the
footnote. Have you tried looking at, say, 200% Zoom?

I've been up to at least 150% (zoom) because the text in the table is so
small. But my eyes aren't so bad that I'd miss a dotted box.

Couldn't this depend on the display hardware being used?

I recently used WORD on a laptop (PC) and I do recall seeing the dotted
boxes then (although the display was, overall, inferior to that on the
desktop PC's monitor).

Thanks.