Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2010 Autosaved .asd files are disappearing

If you discard the *.asd file, then you have also discarded the autorecover
file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"samuelcahun" skrev i meddelandet

Word 2010, under File, Options, Save, I have Save AutoRecover
information every 1 minute and have Keep the last autosaved version if I
close without saving checked. I have a path in the AutoRecover file
location blank. When I create a new document, and type some text in
there, I do see the .asd backup file for my unsaved document. However,
when I close the document and tell it Don't Save, the .asd backup file
disappears. I thought that feature meant that .asd file would remain
there so I could pull it up under File, Recent, Recover Unsaved Files
after I closed without saving. I need to get that working, or
understand what I'm not understanding about that feature. Thanks in
advance.

--
samuelcahun