The Josh

Hi Suzanne,
You are correct, I misunderstood what Cindy said. I just used the
Insert/Caption/Label feature and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for yours and Cindys help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You misunderstood what Cindy said. You cannot make a SEQ field appear in the
list by creating it manually. You have to create a caption label using that
name. If you create a new caption label called "Reference," then you will be
able to find those captions in the list.

"The Josh" wrote in message
Hi Cindy,
Thanks for the reply, however I deleted all instances of the the SEQ field
and re-created the field called SEQ Reference and even one called SEQ Ref.
Both instances did not appear in the cross-reference reference type

pull-down
menu. Its like word has forgotten to add them to the list (when on other
occasions it has worked perfectly). Is there a way to make word

re-populate
the list? Thanks.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VGhlIEpvc2g=?=,

What you see in this list is user- or machine-specific. If this entry

hasn't
been defined via the Insert/Caption/Label feature, it won't appear in

the list.