Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Default how do you indent a direct quote?

I use a paragraph style. I use body text for my basic style so I based the
quotation style on it. It is indented left and right, has single line
spacing, and is a smaller font size than body text. The setting for
following paragraph is body text, but could be the quotation style. I tend
to just type the quotations and then select the paragarphs and apply the
style.

If you are writing anything important where you may be making changes in
your formatting, you want to use styles rather than direct formatting. That
way you can change the look of all of your quotations (or headings or body
text) at once. http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Deni" wrote in message
Hi, I am writting an essay and am not very good on computers, I need to
"indent" a direct quote and have no idea how to go about dong this! any
help
would be very much appreicated thank you

Deni