Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Problem with inserting caption Word 2007

"Gordon" wrote in message
I right-click on the image, choose "insert caption" and the dialog box
appears. So far so good. I then create a New Label and type in the word
"Kingsley" (without the quotes). I click OK, and the caption inserted under
the image says "Kingsley 1"! I DON'T WANT THE FIGURE 1 in it. There seems
to be NO way to delete that 1.

Why oh WHY does MS make Word TOTALLY UNINTUITIVE? WHY does it insert a 1
when I HAVEN'T TOLD IT TO?
And much more importantly, how do I get rid of it?

It appears, from Word help, that the label is user-created - the number,
WORD INSERTS AUTOMATICALLY WHETHER THE USER WANTS IT OR NOT!

I find that STAGGERINGLY arrogant and wonder whether the Word "developers"
actually USE it in real life.....