AuditIA

Thanks, Stefan. I'll check it out.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The Page X of Y bug is different between versions and service packs.
For more, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/PageXofY.htm.

--
Stefan Blom

"AuditIA" wrote in message
I have Windows 2000 and Word 2000. If I EDIT a document where I've

used the
"Page ? of ?" option to number my pages, the total number of pages

in that
statement reverts to the actual page number. For example, what was

"Page 1
of 20" becomes "Page 1 of 1", "Page 2 of 2", etc. I learned that

this method
of page numbering worked correctly if applied as the very last

action when
composing. But, the error becomes apparent after the document is

reopened
and edited. A few times, the numbering scheme appeared correct on

my screen
and then PRINTED incorrectly.

I'd be grateful for advice from anyone with experience on this

subject.