Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Saravanan Saravanan is offline

Default clipboard not pasting

Hi,

I hope the following steps will resolve your issue.

An incompatible third party add-in. Test for this by starting in Safe Mode
and try copy/paste. If it works in Safe Mode, it is definitely a third party
add-in problem.

*Go to Start.
*Then select Run and type in as

winword /a

and press enter.

Now try to copy and paste option.

Thank you,

Saravanan.

-----Let me know if the issue is not solved-----

"nursing student" wrote:

I am not sure why but I can't get the paste function to work anymore. I
select text, and copy it or cut it and then try to paste it. Then instead of
pasting the text, it pastes a single blank space. I opened the clipboard so
that I could see what was in it. Initially there is an item that says
preview not available. When I copy some text, the text becomes the second
item in the cliboard. Another item that says preview not available follows
it.

I tried copy and paste in word, and wordpad. I also tried using Ctrl C and
Ctrl V. Is there some setting that I need to change? It was working earlier
this morning, and now it isn't.