Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Multi-level list and style in Word 2007

Strange. It should be working, assuming that numbering is correctly attached
to paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 30 avg., 13:36, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Select the problem paragraphs. Press Ctrl+Q to remove any paragraph
settings
(including numbering) not in style. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 29 avg., 13:52, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Hmm, apparently you are now using Word 2007. :-)

To edit a numbering scheme in Word 2007: Place the insertion point in
top-level list item. Click Multilevel List (on the Home tab of the
ribbon),
and then choose Define New Multilevel List; this will display the
Define
New
Multilevel List dialog box, which corresponds to the Customize Outline
Numbered List dialog box in previous versions.

I know all that, but this procedure will change only one instance of
the style - the one I started the procedure from. All the rest
instances of this style, including a new one, will still have the old
multilevel style.

I do not know what exactly you mean, but going to paragraph with an
old multilevel style and Ctrl-Q it makes nothing.

Marko