Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] des-sd@cox.net is offline

Default How can I copy text from Excel into Word without the 'grid'?

Hi! I am also have a similar problem.

Copying cells from Excel 2007 and paste special into Word 2007. The
linked Excel sheet shows the excel grid. If I turn off the grid in
Excel, so does it disappear in Word. And the reverse is true. I need
to keep my grid on in the source Excel file, and off in the linked Word
file. The Table dropdown does not offer to run the grid off in the
linked Excel. Rather, it add a grid over the entire page.

Your help would be really great.

Thanks. Joe

On Jan 21, 11:10 am, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
In general, you should get whatever borders are applied inExcel. If no
borders have been applied, then you'll get an unbordered table structure inWordif you accept the default paste behavior. The gridlines you see inWord
[usually] aren't borders, just guidelines that help you identify it as a
table. Choose Table - Hide Gridlines to turn them off. In any event, they
won't print since they're not really border formatting.

If you don't want a table at all, inWord, choose Edit - Paste Special -
Unformatted text to paste just the data/text, without any of the cell/table
structure.

If you want the table structure, but borders have been applied inExcel,
then paste as normal, but then click the selection handle for the table
(outside the upper left corner), then drop down the borders tool in the
Formatting toolbar, and choose the No borders icon.
--
Herb Tyson MS MVPhttp://www.herbtyson.com
Author of theWord2007 Bible

How can I copy text from anExcelfile into aWorddocument without also
copying the grids or borders?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -