Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thedr9wningman thedr9wningman is offline

Default Removing styles

Regards,
Klaus

Sub DeleteUnusedStyles()
Dim myStyle As Style
For Each myStyle In ActiveDocument.Styles
If myStyle.InUse Then
Select Case myStyle
Case ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleDefaultParagraphFont)
Case ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleNormal)
Case ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleNormalTable)
Case ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleHeading1) To _
ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleHeading9)
Case Else
Selection.Collapse (wdCollapseStart)
With Selection.Find
.ClearFormatting
.Style = myStyle
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Execute FindText:="", Format:=True
If .Found = False Then
StatusBar = myStyle.NameLocal
If MsgBox("Delete?", vbYesNo, myStyle.NameLocal) = vbYes Then
myStyle.Delete
End If
Else
If MsgBox("Keep?", vbYesNo, myStyle.NameLocal) = vbNo Then
myStyle.Delete
End If
' End
End If
End With
End Select
End If
Next myStyle
End Sub

Hi Klaus:

Thank you for this, but mine crashed... it never addressed the style I was
trying to get rid of (I have a reoccurring problem with certain styles
popping up (usually a font/indent oddity created by someone else) and I'm
unable to erase them). It crashed at teh 'no list' style and gave me a
run-time '4198' error. When I click debug, it highlights the myStyle.Delete
line of code.

I usually select all instances of the offending Word-created style and just
hit delete, but once in a while, there are these buggy ones that linger and
they drive me crazy. I try to select them, and nothing selects. I try to
delete the style and nothing happens.

I'm wondering if anyone knows another way?

My offenders a 10 pt, Befo 0 pt; 10 pt, Bold, left: .83" space before
0 pt and their bold brethren.

I've scoured these groups to try to solve this, and it is driving me batty.
Any help would be great!