Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thedr9wningman thedr9wningman is offline

Default Removing styles

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

I run into similar problems. Typical offenders are styles that Word created
automatically and that start with a space character.

Yes, Word created this automatically.

Two options:

Make sure the problematic styles aren't applied any more, then paste without
the final paragraph mark into a new doc.

I did this (probably right before you posted this). Thank you. Maybe this
will help someone else in the future! The key is not including that
paragraph mark, though, definitely.
The problematic styles should be left behind... but you may have to fix
stuff (headers/footers...).

The other option is to save in XML format, open as a text file, and fix or
delete the problematic style definitions.

I may do that in the future. Thank you.

Regards,
Klaus

"thedr9wningman" wrote:
I love the tool, guys, but the darn 10pt style is still in there. I can't
delete it. What does it take?

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

I don't know if thiw will help but it is a super-charged version of
Klaus posting that he helped me put together a year or so ago:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Style_Report.htm

On Mar 14, 11:38 am, thedr9wningman
wrote:
Regards,