Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LVTravel LVTravel is offline

Default cannot install update Office 2007

wrote in message ...
On 2/7/2010 5:02 PM, wrote:
I purchased and have Office ultimate installed on my new windows 7 laptop and it runs fine.

Updates tells me there is an important "2007 Microsoft Office Suite Pack 2 (SP2)" to download. But 8 attempts to download and install fail with Error Code 8020000E.
How do I get around this?

Thanks. Jeff

I mis-spoke. What I have is Office Ultimate 2010 (not 2007). I'm not sure why update is offering me the 2007 update (other than my having some documents created by Word XP).

Jeff

I would love to know where you have obtained Office 2010 Ultimate as it has not been released and there are no service packs yet. The only Office 2010 that is available are beta versions and they don't have service packs. Office Ultimate is a volume licensed version and help would be the responsibility of either the company's IT department or Microsoft and the company's IT department should have the appropriate telephone number to call. If you obtained the software from any location other than through your company's home use program or the company you work for (government, industry or academic) then it is a pirated version.