Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim in Melb Kim in Melb is offline

Default Word 2007: Multi-level lists

Hi Doug & Stefan:

Many thanks for your responses. Methinks I may have bitten off more than I
can chew! I now have the code (thanks to you) ... question is, where do I
put it? Is this something I need to create in Visual Basics?

Thanks heaps,
--
Kim

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

To add to what Doug has said, note that SEQ fields don't update automatically. You can force an update by switching to Print Preview and then back to your favorite view (use Ctrl+F2 as a toggle). Also, you can explicitly update the fields in the selection by pressing F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message ...
See the "Generate a number sequence like Excel uses to number columns" item
under the Nifty Numbering section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Kim in Melb" wrote in message
Howdy:
I'm numbering the appendices using a multi-level list. The first level
uses
Alphas where the number of appendices goes beyond Z i.e.

C ....
AA
BB
CC ...
ZZ

Is there any way that I can change the format so that when the list
reaches
Z, the numbering continues as follows:

C ...
AA