Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Locking Shapes to Pictures in Word 2007

I guess the mountains do overlap a bit, don't they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The overlapping mountains icon is on the Insert Picture button (which
performs the Insert | Picture | From File command). But I agree that it
sounds like Group is the command Maria is looking for.

so
all may benefit.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
I don't recall an icon with interlocking mountains but from your

description
it sounds like you are referring to the Group command. If so, it's in the
Arrange group on both the contextual Picture Tools and contextual Drawing
Tools.

"Maria" wrote in message
Hi,
I have been on vacation and ms OFFICE got upgraded to 2007 and i am

really
having troubles!

with regard to locking objects inside a picture, there used to be an

icon
with two overlapping mountains picture that allows the user to insert

all
drawn shapes in a pic placeholder. it was too handy especially when i
wanted
to RESIZE the picture. i can't find this feature anymore. I want to
include
all the drawing canvas inside a picture placeholder which can be
easily
resized. drawing canvas alone are not enough
ANy help please