Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default ENVELOPE ISSUE

The merge wizard is not very helpful when creating Envelope merges.From what
I can see, it does not format the envelope correctly, by default. You need
to know something about envelope formatting in order to use it - see
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

You should also avoid using the addressblock field, as this creates as many
problems as it solves. Use the individual fields from your data file.

You may find it helpful to start with an envelope document created from a
template (you can download a suitable template from my web site) and use the
method at http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm to
create your merge document (simply change the merge type from labels to
envelope).

Ced wrote:
Hi,

I want to create mail merge envelopes from an excel doc. Following the
wizard steps, when I get to the last step (preview), nothing shows on
the envelope, even though I have the proper number of recipients.

Any idea?

Thanks!