FNORD

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately this is a huge database with over
1500 entries, therefore if I need to merge 1,000.... would I have to click
the individual boxes under the 'Edit Merge recipients' box?

It never used to do this before... but started doing it when we upgraded
from 2000 to XP.

If I start a brand new merge document in word and link it up with that
database, it has this problem.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Have you tried specifying some filter criteria in the Mail merge Recipients
dialog box rather than specifying start and end record numbers? It may not
be possible if there are no fields you can use in selection criteria, and
even if it works, you may find that in this version of Word, Word loses your
data source when you save the mail merge main document.

Peter Jamieson
"FNORD" wrote in message
I keep posting this, and nobody seems to know what's wrong and nobody
replies. If you have an idea, let me know. I'll try ANYTHING. I really
need to get this solved though.

When I do a mail merge from our excel database (excel 2002 SP3) to Word..
(word 2002 SP3) to create labels, I have to specify which values I want to
use because I don't want to
use them all (ex: merge records 1000-2000) For some reason... it will
merge
up to the last number I specify... but then it will go PAST that number
just
enough to fill up the last page of labels.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!