Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Combining Individual Reports into One Report

What you describe does sound difficult to do without manual intervention...

However, a macro may be able to automate the process, assuming that
there is a way to predict that "subreport A goes into location X of the
document" and so on.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2013-01-02 15:32, dabrams wrote:
I'm responsible for compiling monthly management reports; that is, I
collect different sub-reports from all of the team members and combine
them into one report.
Each member reports on a different topic. The topics are arranged
numerically (outline style).
I sent to each member a Word file displaying the Topic Title they are
meant to report about.
When I receive the reports, I have to manually organize them according
the the TOC.
Can somebody be kind enough to recommend a way I can somehow automate
this process? Is there someway I can tell Word to remember to insert all
of John's comments in these areas of the monthly report, and remember to
insert all of Jill's comments into other areas? Is there a way I can
tell Word to "pair up" the contents of each member's file and
automatically place them into the final report?
Thanks so much for your assistance.