Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Degree symbol

As others have pointed out, this can be inserted using the Insert | Symbol
dialog or using an Alt+0xxx keyboard shortcut, but there is also a built-in
keyboard shortcut in Word: Ctrl+@, Spacebar. That is (on a US keyboard),
press Ctrl+Shift+2, release, then press the spacebar. I find that pressing
those three keys at once requires considerable dexterity (or sinisterity,
given that you use the left hand), so if you use the symbol frequently, you
might want to assign a different shortcut (which you can easily do through
the Insert | Symbol dialog).

"ArtistMomSara" wrote in message
What symbol do I use in Word to represent degrees, as in temperature? I
normally use a bullet and change the font to superscript, but it seems

like
there should be a symbol available that maybe I just don't see.